**March 26, 2020 – UPDATED Coronavirus (COVID-19) Curbside/Operating Hours Policy**
As things are ever evolving with the virus outbreak, we will again be making some very important changes to how we handle visits at the clinic. These policies are brought about due to updated guidelines by the American Veterinary Medical Association to keep everyone as safe as possible during this time. Please note that we will remain open to care for your pets as long as our staff are all in good health!
Here are the new clinic guidelines until further notice:
· We insist that if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms, or have been exposed to the virus to not come to the clinic. If your pet needs immediate care, please allow another person to bring your pet to the clinic.
· We will not allow anyone besides staff in the clinic for appointments or medication pick-ups. Please see the details on this below. We need to have minimal face to face contact and will maintain distance as we take in and release pets. The only exception to this will be euthanasia appointments. These appointments will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
· We are providing drop-off appointments/car-side service only. Please call when you arrive with your pet and give our receptionist your cell phone number. A team member will come out to your car. When the veterinarian is examining your pet, she may call your phone with any questions or speak with you directly following social distancing guidelines. We will also escort your pet back to your car at pickup. Credit card payments can be made over the phone if necessary.
· Currently, we are scheduling essential appointments including emergency, illness cases, surgeries, and follow-up rechecks on current cases.
· Routine surgeries (spays and neuters) will be rescheduled unless medically necessary.
· All puppy vaccine series appointments will be seen as scheduled.
· Annual vaccine appointments will continue if you pet is due for a rabies vaccination.
· All non-essential appointments will be rescheduled as soon as possible. Please anticipate a delay in your annual vaccine appointments for the next several weeks if your pet is not due for rabies vaccination. Please call if you have any questions or concerns about delaying your pet’s vaccines.
· As always, our online pharmacy is always open. Many of your pet’s medications can be ordered online and shipped directly to your home.
· Some medications can be called into a local pharmacy if you are already going there for your family’s medications. Please call our office if you have questions about your pets medications.
· Our hours have changed slightly. Our new hours are:
o Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:00am -5:30pm
o Wednesday 8:00am – 4:30pm
o Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Please check back frequently as our policies may change based on recommendations of our government agencies. We will update you as soon as we have new information available. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Dr. Jaman Geyman and the staff of the North Madison Veterinary Clinic